Monday, March 27, 2006

So out of touch!

Part of my out-of-touchness is due to opening a show on Friday, and part of it is due to continuing guilt about my failure to take photos of my completed socks.

The show is Tales of the Lost Formicans, and you can see it at The Pear Ave. Theatre in Mountain View. It's a funky little play; so far a lot of people like it and some other people are confused by it. But you won't be bored, I promise.

Now that I am no longer working 14 hours a day and knitting one row before crashing into bed, I am making some progress on both the green Hourglass sweater (yes, the one in Cash Iroha, it's not done yet, but only about 10 rows to go!) and on the more pressing project, the Windowpane baby blanket I'm knitting as a sample for Nine Rubies. This thing is frickin' huge, and it's supposed to be done by Friday. Probably not gonna happen, as I'm not even halfway done, and with 170 stitches/row I'm hard pressed to do more than 20 rows a day. I think I calculated that the whole thing is about 250 rows long. Nice yarn, though, you should go right over to Nine Rubies and buy some. It's called Zara, from Filatura di Crosa. Not cheap, but it's 100% wool, completely washable, and soft as a kitten's tummy.

By the way, a lovely lady named Kathy from Tennessee commented on my blog a while ago -- she wants to make the Cashmerino onesie that I made for CNITU2. However, she can't find the darn Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino book! If you see it somewhere, would you let me know so I can email her? It's the first one, not the one that just came out.

Finally, I have a new favorite blog, which I have added to the sidebar along with some other new links. It's called Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog. Go there now, especially if you were an English major. Don't let the spelling throw you, trust me, it's hysterical.

6 comments:

Christina said...

I think it might be the time of year for being "out of touch". I feel the same way too. I'm throwing a bridal shower for my sis this weekend, so I hope that after that I'll be able to resurface. Maybe I'll see you at the Stash Swap? I'd love to see the Windowpane blanked, it sounds lovely!

~ Christina

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're making some knitting progress... hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity I put in Debbie Bliss Books and found a whole list of places to look. The first one I clicked on had something about a Baby Cashmerino book. I don't know if it's the right book but there were other places to look-worth a try. Mom

Wiz Knitter said...

I'll be at the stash swap, with my baby blanket! I'll pass on your suggestion to Kathy, Mom -- I think she already googled it but it doesn't hurt to suggest.

alimum said...

Whenever I read the title "Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog" I want to sing "EIEIO." Is it just me or does everyone feel this way?

It is difficult not to feel behind with knitting projects. I mean, we start off with so much enthusiasm, but eventually, we get stuck in the no man's land where it is too late to turn back, but we can't yet see the finish line.

It is perfectly acceptable if you spend months or even years on a project.

spinnity said...

Congratulations on the fabulous opening of the Formicans & good luck with the blankie. It was great to see you Wednesday.