- People in motorized giant cupcakes (complete with hats that looked like cherries or chocolate drops) zooming around.
- Enormous fireballs shooting into the air on a periodic basis.
- Glass sculptures made of compressed sugar crystals.
- Felted pins of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
- Handmade bicycles put together from other bicycle bits, available to sample by wobbly riders.
- A giant Lego village.
- A giant Mousetrap game using bowling balls.
- A huge booth encouraging people to make crafts from old wine jugs.
- Places for kids to build robots, rockets, crocheted sea anemones, and fairy wings.
- And finally, my designs for Great Knit Designs on display at Ada's booth!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Saturday, the DH and I took the folks to Maker Faire as a belated Mother's Day gift. They were a bit non-plussed by the general weirdness, but Adam and I enjoyed it thoroughly. If you've never heard of it, it's very hard to describe, but here are a few highlights: