Oh, where did it go, that last month? I logged on today in shame, knowing that I had not written since the day after my first kntting meet-up, one full month ago! Updates in my life:
1. I finished the sparkly-fuzzy poncho and wore it to C&L's wedding on Oct. 10. (Many photos have been taken and will be posted just as soon as I figure out how to do that.) Much admired, esp since my sweetie made a point of telling everyone I made it myself. Weather was unusually warm so I ended up just wearing it in the evening. I also wore it at the Meet-up last night and there were some demands for the pattern. FYI all, it is a free pattern from Knitting Arts called Felicia/Paris Nights poncho. I changed the Felicia yarn to Softy since I wanted black and Felicia only comes in quite bright colors. I also got the vintage button and silk ribbon at Knitting Arts. As I was saying to C. last night, the flower could also be made separately and turned into a brooch, a cute, easy, and thoughtful Xmas gift!
2. I am slogging away on the ghosty poncho for CNITU. It is nearly 90 cm long, almost ready to fold in half and add the hood. Must finish by next Wednesday to put in mail on Thursday. Spinnity was an absolute goddess and designed the hood last night, based on a Sally Melville pattern.
3. Blue cardigan is lying lonely in my knitting project basket at home. I miss you, blue cardy and your lovely Rowan cotton yarn!
4. I directed a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream which is now touring the state. I guess that's where I went for the last month.
5. Wedding update -- have date, site, caterer, florist nailed down, and dress, of course.
I guess that's about it for updates! Keep checking in for pix of sparkly and ghosty, I promise they'll get here eventually.