Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Blessings

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. A holiday entirely devoted to eating good food and spending time with family and friends, that's so much less commercial than Christmas, and without the pressure to buy, buy, buy.

I am counting so many blessings this year! Here are a few:

A wonderful future husband
An extended family of in-laws
A job! (Stressful though it sometimes is)
Many wonderful friends
A safe, beautiful apartment
Good health (although that may not last the weekend, I'm getting a cold!)
So much more money than most of the world
A car that runs
A new hobby! Knitting! And all the great new friends I get to share it with.

Looking forward to eating turkey (my twice-yearly meat-eating), cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes! Yum!

2 comments:

spinnity said...

This morning Bill and I were giving thanks for *you* - not only are you going to make my brother a very happy man, but your enthusiasm for knitting has given the two of us so much time to get to know each other and it's been fabulous. I LOVE YOU! Happy Thanksgiving!

Wiz Knitter said...

I love you, too! Thanksgiving was wonderful, and I hope yours was too.