Friday, December 10, 2004

A Rough Week. A Blue Day.

Sad news today - I just found out my dear Uncle David in England died yesterday of a massive heart attack. He's only in his sixties and he was playing badminton with my Aunt at the time. The family is in shock, it was just so sudden and unexpected. He kicked cancer a few years back, so this was not the way we expected him to go. I can't afford to fly there for the funeral, but my Dad's going.

It's just the worst thing in a week that has been out of whack in general - I've had a bad cold, had to perform in our touring show Tuesday when both an actor AND her understudy couldn't do it, and ended up with no voice at all on Wednesday. Did get some knitting done that day, but my heart hasn't been in it this week. Just slogging away on moss st, nearly done with the back of the lt blue side but dreading the rest of it. I'd love to finish by Xmas, but I don't know if it's going to happen.

Most of the rest of the Xmas shopping is done, though, and I got the decorations up, so it's nice and festive in our little apartment. The highlight of the week was watching Charlie Brown Christmas on TV. I think Linus is my hero. Of course, ironically, this lovely, wise little story about Christmas being too commercial was interrupted every five minutes by, guess what, commercials. *Sigh* as CB would say.

3 comments:

spinnity said...

Oh no, oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Condolences from me and Bill to the whole family.

And sympathy for the slogging that is moss stitch. Pretty, isn't it? And annoying. Hmm... would it be cheating to switch to smooth sleeves & hood?

I am moss-stitching on Fogchaser on size 19 needles. Its still a slog, even when there are only 20 stitches/row.

And finally.. what do you mean done with XMas shopping??? Haven't even set foot in a store yet. You are ultra cool, but I am doomed!

See you Sunday

Christina said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. It's hard when someone passes away so unexpectedly. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. The holidays are such a tough and hectic time already. Hope things start to look up for you.

-Jeni