Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Typepad issues solved... and Shawlapalooza

When I came in to work on Tuesday morning, I had a shiny "new" computer with Windows 2000 pro instead of my clunky old Windows 98! (Yes, we in the non-profit world work out of leaky warehouses with no air conditioning, use computers built over ten years ago, and have homeless people in vans living across the street. Ah, the glamour of the thea-tah!)So the long and the short of it is, I can now comment on Typepad blogs. It just works now for some reason, when it didn't before. Huzzah!

The other news is all about Shawlapalooza, which is detailed much more thoroughly and beautifully at Spinnity's Blog. (Wow, look at that, on my new computer I don't have to manually type in the http code!) I would guess I am about a third of the way through the shawl that I am creating (Bogie and Spinnity are also creating one each), which makes me happy because the odds of finishing it before the wedding are pretty darn good.

So for those who are paying attention, the wedding is now 17 days away and counting, and we have actually put together the pieces of our dining room table and unpacked a few more boxes. I love actually living in the same house as my sweetie, except that I find it hard to get out of bed in the morning. Ahem. That sounds a bit naughty, and you can go there if you like, but it's also that it's such a nice warm bed with a nice warm boy in it. It's actually pretty hilarious the number of times the alarm has to go off every morning before we get up - first his watch alarm goes off, which I can barely hear, then my alarm goes off (a gentle beep) which I hit the snooze button on, then after my 4-minute snooze has gone off a few times and been ignored, his clock radio goes off across the room and he leaps out of bed in a panic, knocking bedclothes, books, and slippers asunder, and slams the thing off. (It's VERY loud, with a combination of rapid Spanish-speaking voices and manic beeping that could wake the dead.) Then he shuffles and mutters his way into the bathroom, and without him there, I actually consider getting up. Then he comes BACK, and I abandon that plan. With all the alarms now silenced, it's usually about 45 minutes after the first alarm went off when I actually get up. It's not a great system, and we're going to have to do something about it eventually, but wow, so nice and cozy and lovely to have him there every morning!


spinnity said...

Awwww.. that's so sweet. There is nothing like California for perfect oversleeping with your sweetie sleeping weather.

You're missing a link above.. maybe your automatic HTML inserter didn't put the text in that goes between a href and the close A?

Wiz Knitter said...

Fixed it! Thanks for the tip.